Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A hint of color among the grey

Last Tuesday, like much of April, was undistinguished with lifeless, grey skies and continuous showers. My partner in crime, BWmF, having just returned from a long trip to the Pacific Northwest, said we should skip our early week ritual of happy hour at Pizzeria Paradiso, thus sparing ourselves and our denim, a good soak. Better weather will come.

I looked skyward at 5 o'clock and was greeted by the sun, now happily shining amidst thin patches of cumulus. A gentle breeze replaced the seemingly ceaseless rain from the hours prior, but the cool, wet air remained, beckoning my favorite jacket, a bright green Patagonia shell with six years of loyal service.

Invigorated by the sunlight, clouds, and reunion with a month-absent friend over good beer, I rushed onto the Metro with a third mutual friend, DF.

Color among the grey.
I love colored trench coats.

Back in Georgetown.

Returning to Pizzeria Paradiso in Georgetown after a month-long absence felt like coming home. I've always sought to establish a familiarity with certain restaurants, BWmF and my licenses going unchecked suggests we've accomplished just that. We skipped pizza as almost every beer selected for the week at "hops" in its description. After progressing from IPA to Imperial, to Black IPA, I led the way to the waterfront, camera in hand.
Forgot a tripod.
Rosslyn and the Key Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment