Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Burning House- revisited

I realized that the previous "Burning House" picture was not an accurate reflection of what I would probably take in that situation. Careful, but brief, reflection and a distinct sense of urgency are important elements I failed to incorporate in my decision.

Looking back at my initial response, I realized those were all things I don't want to get rid of, but not necessarily things I would really have wish I kept.

What will you be glad you have in a month? A year? Five years? Ten?
A lobster buoy from my road trip, camera lenses (and the unseen camera), computer, car keys, monogrammed belt buckle, handmade Sutherland handkerchief, an unfinished painting, favorite shoes, picture of my grandfather, and my great grandfather's sword. These are the things I know I'll be glad I kept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment