Thursday, October 13, 2011

Locked In.

A few years ago, my friend Adam and I snuck in on a warm summer afternoon, cigars in hand, and climbed to the top of the stadium.

As the sun set, we enjoyed our Romeo y Julietta No. 2's.

I haven't been back in the stadium since then, a game last fall, aside.

Just over a month ago, I returned, keeping an eye out for security guards and whoever else I might run into as I unlatched a gate.

While Adam and I hopped a railing to get out that one evening, this time I found myself locked in. Gates were shut by an invisible crew while I was hiking to the top.

Locked in.
After walking through the entire stadium looking for an easy exit, I finally climbed onto the wall of a cement ramp leading to the upper levels.

Sitting on the ledge, I realized fifteen feet separated my camera, and feet, from the unforgiving asphalt.

I tightened the straps on my backpack.

Sometimes all you need to get out is to just jump.

2 comments: