Monday, May 14, 2012

Black and White in Bloomington i.





It had been weeks since my desk had been clear, let alone my mind.
Order, finally, at the end of April.
I spent too much time in March and April hunting for new ways to look at the world, literally. Looking back, I was unfocused as I sought clarity no lens could provide.

By the time I left town, four Nikon One Touch/L35AFs of varying vintages hung on my wall.

(They can be had cheap, though often untested, online. I averaged $7 a camera, which, considering the well-performing 35mm f/2.8 lens, is well worth it. One for my car. One for my bag. One to break. One that probably doesn't work.)


Between finals, I needed something to relax my eyes and my mind. One can forget the importance of getting out when it seems that one should stay in. 

A beautiful day beckoned the aforementioned visit to the Other Quarry with AF. Stopping at CVS on the way there, I picked up two rolls of Kodak Tri-X 400 on discount. AF sat in the car with the air conditioning running; the long overdue playlist for Endres turned down. I never shoot black and white, but it seemed fitting; "shades of grey" is more a more accurate name, however. 
Over the edge.
AF lent a hand for a few frames.
After my last test, a classmate approached me saying, "I'm packin' today." He pulled an M6 out of his bag. I responded in kind, or in difference, showing him my One Touch. There's a virtue to both, though I look forward to running a few rolls through his M6 when I return to Bloomington in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment