Friday, March 18, 2011

Surprise from the Sky

Gifts are better late than never.
This took too many attempts, just like Foster, of A Restless Transplant, said it would.
Inside this iconic box is a sterling silver engine turned belt buckle with my four initials engraved on it. I've always wanted one, but I felt as if such items were best received as celebratory gifts. In my case, this one is for my college graduation; quite suiting, I think.

Though I enjoy the idea, which an acquaintance of mine once followed, of engraving something ironic (in his case "BROKE") on a belt buckle, I feel as if I should own one with my initials on it, first.

My mom mentioned that she used to have one from my grandfather; however, it's since gone missing. I hope it turns up someday, even if I have my own. Such things are best enjoyed when passed down generation to generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment